Benefits of the Castool Die Ovens :
- No billets wasted and scrap produced by ensuring a die is brought completely to optimum operation temperature.
- Avoids the use of higher temperature first billets.
- The die is individually heated completely and uniformly to operation temperature so rapidly, that oxidation of the bearing is minimal, and bearing surface integrity is maintained to ensure optimum extrusion surface finish.
- Extrusion weight consistency (lbs/ft or kg/m) is improved by quickly reaching steady state thermal conditions.
- Dies are positively protected from overheating.
- Colored lights indicating the heating status of the dies. When the heating cycle starts, a yellow indicator light comes on. The controller shows “Time to temperature,” and begins to count down.
- Single cell ovens save money